This civil contractor have recently picked up a number of projects in SEQ and Northern NSW, due to this they have identified the need for an experienced Project Manager to come on board and assist in delivering these projects.
They take pride in their work and really want the same in the engineer who joins the company…They constantly strive for excellence and expect this from all who are on board.
All the plant and machinery is purchased and owned outright, most associated works like piling and demo is also self performed by this company.
The initial job you will be on is in Northern NSW, this job have a few months to run then you will be back based in SEQ.
Reporting to the construction manager you will be required to manage the day to day coordination of works on a large scale civil bridge construction projects. You will also be in charge of managing a large amount of stakeholders and ensuring the design brief and budget are met as well as managing personnel and subcontractors (when needed)
Skills and Experience
– A Construction related degree
– TMR or RMS experience
– Experience working as a PM on bridge construction jobs essential
– Previous mid tier civil experience
– A minimum of 5 year’s experience as a Project Manager
– Strong financial reporting and an eye for handling variations
– Able to lead a team of Project Engineers and Site Engineers
– Be able to lead from the front and able to multi task
– Someone who is ambitious and self-motivated
– A team player
On offer is a long term opportunity with a company who do not drop employees when the projects dry up, they are extremely competitive in the marketplace and will make their employees an integral part of the business.. Not just a number. This is a great career move and lifestyle choice.
Our client is one of Australia’s well known Marine contractors with a reputation for delivering high quality projects across the country with an impressive pipeline of work. To continue building their business, they are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to assist in the delivery of a major bridge project in Northern NSW.
This is an urgent requirement, and the successful candidate will commence ASAP. This is a fantastic opportunity for any career driven engineers with passion and experience in marine construction.
To be suitable for this position, you will have experience as a Site or Project Engineer with a strong structures/bridges background. You will need to be a confident communicator and be able to deal with all levels of management while effectively working with subcontractors.
This opportunity promises first-hand experience with a leading contractor on an exciting and challenging project.
– Hold a relevant Engineering Degree
– Demonstrable Structures/Bridges experience
– 4+ years in Civil Construction
– The ability to grow and maintain strong relationships through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong organisation and time management skills
– High attention to detail
Our client is market leading multinational, multidisciplinary tier one firm with an outstanding reputation in the industry.
They are an employer of choice, are multi award winning, and have a staff retention record that blows its rivals out of the water.
With some of the top Engineers within the building services industry on board and some of the most interesting and diverse projects in line for this year, this company are flying high.
Due to the growth mentioned above, they currently have an opening for an up and coming Hydraulic Engineer to join their team which lies within the larger Hydraulic and Fire Group.
The role will report into the Section Leader and will work on a broad range of projects within multiple sectors including data centres, commercial, residential and infrastructure and more.
The role will give you the chance to broaden your design experience while being supported and encouraged by an inspiring and respected lead designer.
– 2 years experience in Hydraulic design
– Fire protection exposure preferred
– Tertiary qualifications preferred
– Passion for design excellence
– Company bonus
– Career path
– International opportunities
– Large projects
– Friendly team
– Superb manager
Call Evan on …… or email [Apply online]
This leading Engineering Consultancy has a strong presence in the NSW market and have strategic offices in the Asia Pac region. They are constantly at the forefront of technical innovation and challenging the status quo of engineering.
With a strategical blend of both private and public sector clients, you will have the opportunity to work on large landmark civil engineering projects. Whilst its your design expertise that would see you succeed in this role, your client and project management skills will be constantly challenged.
– Work directly with the directors of the organisation on identifying business opportunities.
– Be able to work autonomously and be capable of controlling all aspects of the design process.
– Liaising with clients and local councils and expertly advise on flood analysis, water quality, retention and road design.
– Attend site and utilise your practical construction skills for problem solving.
Skills and Experience
– A tertiary civil engineering qualification
– Ideally 8 years consulting experience in a similar role.
– Experience complying with government consent requirements
– Experience working in the Australian consulting market.
– A sound understanding of the regulatory requirements for significant state developments.
– The ability to manage the workload of multiple projects.
For a confidential chat please call James Grantham …… [Apply online]
A position within this organisation will not only allow you the opportunity to work for a well-established civil contractor with a reputation in the market for having strong technical skill sets, but also one that is continually growing and winning a wide range of interesting projects throughout Australia, providing interesting opportunities for its staff.
This contractors continued success can be attributed to its strong team finding innovative ways of delivering the best outcomes for its clients across a variety of projects, including domestic & industrial subdivisions, VicRoad contracts, bulk earthworks and many others. Therefore, if you strive to be at the top of your game, you will be supported by like-minded professionals working to achieve excellence.
This role is for an experienced Project Manager who has delivered projects up $50mil in value. Ideally you will possess the following skills:
– Bachelor level tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
– Proven experience in delivering civil construction projects (ideally subdivisions)
– Hands on experience working in the field
– Experience working with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project
– Ability to read engineering plans and specifications
– Ability to interpret and administer contracts
– Highly effective planning, organising and problem solving skills
– Ability to indirectly lead, motivate and influence others
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role is a great opportunity to work with one of Melbourne’s busiest mid tier contractors. To apply, please contact Simon Camilleri on …… , or submit your application below.